Looking for a professional to handle a construction project, conduct an inspection, or provide other services for your new or existing home/building? Consider hiring a MIAQC Certified Residential Construction Professional.
MIAQC Certified Professionals have demonstrated their interest, dedication, and competency in providing residential construction services that create healthy, environmentally-sustainable indoor environments.
MIAQC Certified Residential Construction Professionals have:
- Attended a four-day training course on residential construction practices for both new and existing homes. Core concepts taught in the trainings include:
- Understanding of basic building science: how air, heat, moisture and pressure move in, out, and around a building and its various components;
- Proper moisture management throughout a home to prevent mold growth
- Common pollutants found in indoor environments and how to both prevent and remove them
- Construction and renovation of essential building components (foundations, walls, roofs) using a variety of building materials
- Balancing energy efficiency and indoor air quality
- Essential strategies for making homes healthy for people.
- Demonstrated their competency in the core concepts for creating healthy indoor environments by taking and passing a certification exam.
- Pledged to continue their education in healthy indoor environments by obtaining a minimum number of education credits on an annual basis.
Note: Listing of MIAQC Certified Residential Construction Professionals is not a guarantee of the quality of the professionals services offered by certificate holders. The Maine Indoor Air Quality Council encourages you to exercise due diligence to identify the best professional to achieve your project goals.
Listing of MIAQC Certified Residential Construction Professionals
|Paul Griesbach||Paul Griesbach Home Inspections||Home Inspection Services||Lisbon Falls, Maine||(207) 232-7123
|John Howard||Breakwater Inspections||Residential and commercial building inspections for buyers, sellers, and owners. Testing and other services include radon testing (air and water), water quality testing, well flow testing, CO/combustible gas testing, wood destroying organism inspections, infrared (thermal imaging) inspections, mold inspections and testing, asbestos inspections and testing, and swimming pool & spa inspections.||Rockland, Maine||Direct: 207-956-0323
|Jeff Labree||City of Bangor||Housing Rehabilitation Coordinator. I assist low to moderate income people through our Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program, which offers affordable loans for home repairs such as roofing, siding, lead abatements, electrical and plumbing upgrades, as well as energy efficient upgrades like windows and doors, heating systems, conversions, and insulation.||Bangor, ME||207-992-4233
|Jon Levenseler||Jon Levenseler Builder||Residential Construction||South Thomaston, ME||207-596-6168
|Andrew Marble||Code Enforcement - Town of Rome||Codes Enforcement||New Vineyard, Maine||207-779-4858
|Sean Seeley||WBRC Architects & Engineers||Mechanical and Plumbing Design||Bangor, Maine||Telephone: 207-947-4511
|Erik West||Capable Hands Carpentry||We take a collaborative approach to Midsize carpentry projects including Kitchens, Bathrooms and creative small spaces. We are also interested in the whole buildings performance in terms of air quality, heat retention and stability. Creative solutions and practical craftsmanship.||Freeport, Maine||207-939-1938
|Ron Bouchard||Crescent Lumber||Residential Design; (Independent: Mechanical Design; Home Inspections)||Orrington, Maine||Ph. (207)-825-3317 ext. 113