Working Committees of the Maine Indoor Air Quality Council
Much of the Council’s work will be done through the various standing and ad hoc committees. The committees represent the major mechanism by which Council members can be involved, and participation is strongly encouraged.
MIAQC members and others have the opportunity to serve on one of the four working Committees. The interdisciplinary nature of the Council and its committees provides an effective environment for the development of “best practice” and policy recommendations to address IAQ concerns, as well as for the development of educational programs of value to all professionals involved in healthy indoor environments for Maine.
To help in preventing spam, all e-mail addresses will be listed in the following manner: NAME AT SERVERNAME DOT COM.
Public Policy Committee:
- Synthesize best practice principles in a timely and effective manner, so that they may positively influence public actions regarding indoor air quality
- Monitor the public arena for issues relevant to indoor air quality and indoor air quality professionals
- Assess indoor air quality improvement efforts in the state
- Coordinate development of IAQ indicators as a means to guide and assess improvement efforts
Communications for Results
adamsroland694 AT gmail.com
If interested in serving as chairperson of this committee, please contact executive director, Christy Crocker, at 207-626-8115 or christy AT maineindoorair DOT org.
- Provide educational opportunities for the council membership
- Develop resources, materials, and educational opportunities for other organizations and individuals with like interests
Steve Caulfield, P.E., CIH
Turner Building Science & Design
scaulfield AT turnerbuildingscience DOT com
Communications & Public Relations Committee:
- Inform general public of resources available through the Maine Indoor Air Quality Council
- Coordinate member communications through the web site, newsletter, and membership literature
- Facilitate media communications to educate the public on relevant and timely IAQ concerns.
Ventacity Systems, Inc.
barry AT ventacity.com
Planning Teams (We are always looking for help!):
Northeast Indoor Air Quality & Energy Conference
Indoor Insanity 5k
Annual Golf Tournament
If interested in serving on the planning team for either of these events, please contact Christy Crocker 207-626-8115 or christy AT maineindoorair DOT org.