The following is a simple statement of policy on what constitutes best practice when managing an indoor environment. This statement was drafted in 2021 and has been approved by the Maine Indoor Air Quality Council’s Board of Directors for peer review. Please take part in our peer review process by reviewing the document and posting your thoughts and comments in the message box below. Thank you for your input!
MIAQC DRAFT Policy Statement on Best Practices
The internet is a great resource, but it can sometimes be misleading. When researching guidance to prevent and address indoor pollutants and create healthier indoor environments, it is extremely important to rely on “best practice” resources.
What are best practice resources? Here are the key elements:
- Information that is for the greater public good, not for the promotion of a particular product, service, or brand.
- The information is grounded in science and research, not in politics or special interests
- Information that has been reviewed and approved by independent professionals and organizations in the field.
- Information developed through a transparent and open process: the data that supports positions should be readily available.
- Recommendations are maintained: they are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.