HVAC Basics for COVID-19 Readiness
Welcome to our digital badge/microcredential program on HVAC Basics for COVID-19 Readiness. Development of this microcredential was made possible through a partnership between the Maine Indoor Air Quality Council, Eastern Maine Community College, and Maine Quality Centers.
What is a digital badge microcredential?
A digital badge is a verification of successful completion of a course or a skills-based training. This digital image, or badge, can be placed on learners’ online platforms, as well as within digital resumes and other documents. Digital badges demonstrate mastery of specific skill sets to higher education institutions and employers, and collectively become part of a digital badge portfolio representing a learner’s broader mastery of material. Watch Microcredentials Video
- An understanding of mechanical systems within a building that have significant impact on indoor air quality and our health.
- An understanding of the role of ventilation air in minimizing risk of transmission.
- An understanding of the role of filtration in minimizing risk of virus transmission.
- Recommended practices for operating and improving HVAC system to minimize risk of virus transmission.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone interested in a basic introduction to HVAC systems in buildings, and how they work to reduce exposure to COVID-19, including students; facilities staff, new hires, and managers; architects; engineers; contractors; business owners; human resources personnel; educators; and policy makers.
References / Resources
- Also available: our badge program for Managing Indoor Spaces to Reduce COVID-19 Exposure.
- Visit our full resources page for more information on strategies to reduce exposure to COVID-19 indoors.
For questions or technical issues, please contact Christy Crocker at 207-626-8115 or by email.